December 30th, 2014

What an awesome day.
Slept in this morning, got up and dressed and headed to the main level
for the second last day of 2014.

How can it already be a week since Christmas????????
How can 2014 already be over????????????
I just got used to writing the RIGHT date on my cheques...

I spent most of today, putzing around.
Did some dishes, had lunch with Judy, put away some gifts,
FINALLY cleaned the tv room and got it back to useable!




John will be so happy.
Judy has already used it!






We are starting 2015 tomorrow night with a fairly clean and organized house. BUT! I have have found a site I plan to follow to get better organized and reduce clutter throughout the coming year. Most of the worst messes were straightened up and organized this past fall, but I can think of 5 hiding spots no one sees that need to be attacked.

http://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/declutter.html
and
http://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/organized-home.html

Judy got called into work for a very late shift tonight, so as I needed to pick her up at 1am, I decided to follow through with organizing our thoughts on the just finished 6 weeks to an organized Christmas site. I was amazed at how thorough the site was and had me organized by mid December! I did not know what to do with myself!

http://christmas.organizedhome.com/christmas-countdown/daily-messages



BUT!  We are Canadian not american, so some of the items did not necessarily apply in the order that they were presented.



So, Pam and I decided to fiddle around a bit with the system, move a couple things to suit us better here in the frozen north country, and add the few things we thought had been missed. All in all a very successful night! It only took just over an hour for us to go through and make the changes and make notes. After a bit of typing in the next couple days, we will be ready to go for next October 26th.

So, it is late and I am ready to say good night for the second last time this year,

It has been an amazing past 6 months writing this blog,
Thanks for reading and supporting my ramblings!

Good night from John Street




Comments

Popular Posts