December 10th 2014

Today was amazing... busy! but amazing.

I started the day cleaning my kitchen in case I had coffee visitors. I received the JamBerry order, ate breakfast while watching the "Santa Clause" and finished a homemade gift too.

By lunch, it was time to start contemplating WHERE I was putting all these gifts that were wrapped. Judy and John's are under the living room tree. Judy's friends are under one of the dining room trees, the "to be delivered or picked up" gifts under the front porch. Mine always go under the dining room gold tree. So the friends gifts havd to go under the kitchen tree. Now I am left with my parents' and in laws'. Currently they are all boxed up and ready to go (all gifts for each are in 1 big box for easier travel!)






Cadet canteen again tonight. We are off until January now.

Then I headed over to FINISH THE SHOPPING!!!
Shopping ended tonight. If a gift is NOT bought for someone - it will be a gift card now, but I am sure I have all my gifts bought now.
.
I wanted to be able to enjoy the next 2 weeks not run through crowds and hot stores with screaming children. Success. Unless it is groceries (in which case I have to wait), I am done shopping AND most of my wrapping too!

At 11:30pm I was headed home singing and dancing, knowing that I had successfully accomplished my goal of being done by Dec 10th.

I am sore, tired and broke...............
BUT I AM DONE!

Now here are tonight's 8 simple ideas
















  • Use packing tape not string when sending packages. It doesn't get caught in the machines
  • Start a family tradition when setting up your tree. Serve the same kinds of food each year
  • At a holiday party offer to go get an elderly person a plate of food, especially if it is buffet
  • When you hear Rockin' around the Christmas tree..... grab the nearest person and dance
  • Order specialty foods WELL in advance
  • This Christmas give yourself the gift of living in peace with the things you cannot change
  • Allow children the chance to wrap their own gifts
    (if they are messy, I added lots of curling ribbon)
  • Serve some meals in front of a fireplace
    (as we donot have cable I bought the fireplace DVD to do this)

Good night

Comments

Popular Posts