December 1st 2014

Started early this morning. 7:30 yucky o'clock in the morning. BUT! My shop till I drop plan for Christmas candy was today and I was determined to have fun. I even dressed in my Christmas sweater for the first time this year!

A whirlwind tour that began at Scoops on Talbot Street at 9:30am, second stop is Timmies, then Picard's peanuts, then over to the Sweet Outlet, the K cup outlet, a quick pee break and visit with my niece Nichole at Dairy Queen, the Lindt Outlet was next, lunch at Arby's (mmmmmmm), then a tour through Portugal Imports and ABC wholesalers. I came home, dropped off my passengers and then it was off to return the brakes John did not actually need this weekend AND the 1 pair of boots he did not choose, and made pit stops at Dollar Tree and Ardene. I made it home by 3 just as Judy came home (to empty the truck). I was pooped. We made a pasta and chicken dinner, which took to long to make... so Judy had to leave for her manicure appointment before she got to eat.

Shooter and I took off for the groomers after we ate, where he reluctantly went in for his 6 month pampering. I do not stay for it, so I ran over to Dollarama, and made a book pickup, a liquor pick up and it was time to go back to get good old Shooter. He had been a very good boy and is all cleaned up, handsome and sporting a new skull bandanna. Love Canine Confidential, she is so good with him. The two of us then went and picked up 2 starving teens from the nail place, made a quick stop at WalMart and headed back to the house for their dinner plates.


We decided to eat on the run, grabbed some cold weather gear, and I drove the girls to downtown London to see the CP Holiday Train. We arrived just in time to find a parking spot. I left them to wander the crowds and see Kira Isabella !!!!!!!! They screamed and danced and apparently made it on camera.... look for 2 teen girls (one in a kermit hat!)


It is an amazing sight, that giant train all decorated. Loved it. Although I sat in the truck nice and warm drinking coke and listening to Christmas music! The girls got back to the appointed place and were SOOOOOO excited. 

We headed for home and dropped off Judy's friend. Then stopped to pick up John's Christmas gift on the way home. Judy is a trooper, she got the gift put away AND did the dishes before she crashed.


I am exhausted! but here are a few photos of the train:






































SO GLAD I went again. For more information on this train go to:

http://www.cpr.ca/en/community/holiday-train

Nope, I did not forget the next 8 simple ideas............














  • Use festive holiday stamps on cards and packages
  • Consider a family trip instead of gifts
  • Be sure to introduce shy guests at holiday parties
  • Toast your friends when they are visiting your home. Let them know how much it means to have them there
  • Keep plenty of apple cider and microwave popcorn on hand in case unexpected guests pop in
  • Do not forget no matter how many photos you take this year, next year you will wish you had taken more
  • Read your family "the gift of the Maggi" by O. Henry
  • This Christmas write letters to people who have had a positive influence on your life and thank them for the gift they have given you
Good night everyone

Comments

Popular Posts