December 11th 2014

Big expectations for today.
Very little accomplishment.
Everything I decided to do took 10x longer than I thought.


I do have the kitchen completely decorated, including my well known edible tree! the chocolates are hung, so are the gingerbread men, and the candy canes. If someone wants to surprise me with popcorn strings....




All but a few gifts, THAT HAVE STILL NOT ARRIVED, are left to wrap. They have been distributed amongst the 9 trees that are up so far. A couple small ones are due to be erected tomorrow on the buffet and hutch. So my dining room is back to normal with a clear table.



I got a chance to watch Prancer during lunch and White Christmas again tonight while stringing chocolates and gingerbread men.

My main project tomorrow is to finish the snowflake centerpiece of our kitchen. Not sure what missing.... but I will work it out.



So it is time for bed. AND.....

Here they are 8 more simple ideas....
















  • If you don't have family close by,
    invite another family with the same circumstance to join you
    (we call this orphans Christmas in St Thomas! If you are alone make sure one of us knows)
  • Smile at police officers, ambulance drivers, firefighters and security personnel.
    Thank them for being on duty during the holidays
  • Consider hosting your holiday party after Christmas instead of trying to squeeze it in before
    (my s.i.l. and I used to think it was funny to get each other's gift and compare discounts)
  • Ask your neighbours if you can watch their house if they go away,
    gather newspapers/mail etc
  • Let your child know their friends are important too. Host a party for them
  • Give the gift of a clean slate to someone who has hurt you
  • Try to settle controversial family matters BEFORE a holiday meal
  • During a long flight offer to entertain a child for a passenger traveling alone

Good night

Comments

Popular Posts