December 14th 2014

Still trying to be positive in a world filled with negative people.

From the nervous to the achingly sweet, from the unnecessarily affectionate to the downright rude.
People come in all shapes and sizes.
We all have mood swings and bad days.


I am confused though...
On a BAD day in my world (tuesday Dec 9th 2014)
I did not spread my mood around.
I did not purposely go out of my house to ruin other people's day.
In fact, I sat at home brooding in my bad mood - alone.
(and mostly off the computer too!)

Why is it, that when people are in a foul mood they choose to place themselves
ESPECIALLY on days like today,
in an overcrowded store full of cranky children
who do not want to be there,
never mind be there stuffed in a cart in a winter coat
NOT looking at anything that interests them.

I spent the day watching teenagers try to be helpful.
I say mom's taking their children out to buy siblings gifts!
I was wished Merry Christmas by so many.
I made some tired people laugh
when I offered to wrap their Cheerios so they would smile in the morning
or the lady I offered to make her laundry soap box
look more festive for the season.

Then there were the ones who were determined to ruin someone's day.
When you said hello, they glared at you,
one even said "whatever".
The young woman who just waved us off for saying hello.
It was exhausting just dealing with the negativity.

I was right in setting a date to be done this year.
I was right in hiding
in my happy little purple clouded world,
filled with 11 christmas trees!

My grocery trip this week will be late at night this week,
with me only dealing with whomever else is out there trying to avoid the crazy world.

Now 8 simple things....


  • Instead of buying expensive gift wrap, buy a large roll of kraft paper and plaid ribbon.
    You could decorate the paper with stamps too
  • Sometimes students far away from home cannot afford to go home for the holidays.
    Call the Dean of your local college/university and ask if 1 or 2 of them would like to join you
  • If you work from home, be realistic about how much you will get done
    while the kids are on holiday vacation
  • Amaretto Fudge Cake

    1 1/4 cups butter
    3/4 cup cocoa
    4 eggs
    2 cups sugar
    2 tsp vanilla
    1 cup flour
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 1/2 cups chopped nuts

    1/2 cup butter
    2 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
    4 tbsp Amaretto
    1/4 cup of cocoa
In saucepan melt butter, remove from heat and add cocoa, beat till smooth. In a large bowl beat the eggs until fluffy, gradually beat in the sugar until mixture is thick. Stir in chocolate and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt and beat till smooth. Fold in the nuts. Pour into a greased 10x15 pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. While brownies are cooling, melt the last of the butter alternating the confectioners sugar and amaretto beating until smooth. Add cocoa to mixture and make a smooth coating. Pour over brownies. Allow to cool.
  • For a quick centerpiece, place apples in a large bowl and add some greenery
  • NEVER use recipes you have not tried at least one before the meal
  • Serve cinnamon sticks in apple cider and peppermint sticks in hot chocolate
  • Buy a children's CD to listen and sing to in the car with the kids

Good night

Comments

Popular Posts