December 16th 2014

Today was LDO.
I made the most adorable table place cards for Christmas Day!


When I got home I found out Judy had to work so there went any plans I had.
I had the night to myself.
I decided to watch the Grinch (Jim Carrey version).

This song resonated in my head all evening. 
Cindy Lou was feeling how I have felt this year!
I truly believe I may have lost touch with what is important
versus what I wanted.

"Where Are You Christmas"

Where are you Christmas 
Why can't I find you 
Why have you gone away 
Where is the laughter 
You used to bring me 
Why can't I hear music play 

My world is changing
I'm rearranging
Does that mean Christmas changes too

Where are you Christmas
Do you remember
The one you used to know
I'm not the same one
See what the time's done
Is that why you have let me go?


Christmas is here
Everywhere, oh
Christmas is here
If you care, oh

If there is love in your heart and your mind
You will feel like Christmas all the time

I feel you Christmas
I know I've found you
You never fade away
The joy of Christmas
Stays here inside us
Fills each and every heart with love

Where are you Christmas
Fill your heart with love



So I am determined to turn things around tomorrow.
I will do what is needed to be done.
I will smile and sing and be happy with all that has been accomplished,
and see the glass as 1/2 full not 1/2 empty.
I choose to enjoy the rest of the preparation time
not be bogged down in the fact that I didn't get everything I want done.
I will revel in the fact that I finally made my family understand
that the best gift I could get
is their help.


  • Have a special family tablecloth, only for Christmas
  • Holiday entertaining does not have to be hard!
    a big pot of chili, a salad and homemade brownies
  • Get out board games during the cold evening and have a competiton
  • Let smaller children create their own wrapping paper
  • Christmas is a time for time honored traditions DO NOT try to make big changes
  • Discover the satisfaction of anonymous giving
  • Avoid last minute personal shopping. Decide on your clothes and accessories EARLY
  • Keep a special file or cookbook with your families "tradition" recipes

Good night

Comments

Popular Posts