November 3rd 2014

Another weird day here on John Street.

I found a Richard Clayderman piano cd (of Christmas music) and sat for a few hours organizing my new Holiday planner. The music was very relaxing and I got a lot done. I had a lovely late lunch and managed to keep the tv off until 9pm!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorted through all the wrapping paper, and decided on the things I will be doing at LDO tomorrow.

Judy and I did the laundry, all the laundry including some curtains and all the comforters. We got gas for $1.14 so I filled the tank. We did a quick tour of our 3 dollar stores, finally finding everything I was looking for.

What a beautiful day. It wasn't the sunniest day ever, but there was a beautiful warm breeze. I would love a few more days like that.





So now here is the next 8 things that could make your holiday awesome....






  • Ask your mother to send you your old stocking and a couple of old family photos
    (my mom still hangs mine at her house)
  • Let go of a problem you can't solve. Enjoy the season
  • Hang a favourite ornament from your cars rear-view mirror
    (December 1st my truck will have an ornament, Christmas cd and a holiday blanket)
  • Sprinkle red and green confetti in your Christmas card envelopes
    (my family begged me to stop this)
  • Introduce a child to the wonders of snowflakes. Chill a dark sheet of construction paper then inspect with a magnifying glass
    (sounds like fun for adults too)
  • Bake Christmas cookies while a Johnny Mathis album plays in the background
  • Take a few minutes every day to jot down your family's news.This will make writing the Christmas letter easier to write
    (I wish I could remember to do this)
  • Take a basket of goodies to your local police and fire stations

Some of these things seem so simple but without some planning, some just never happen. I am hoping this 6 week planner will give me the extra time needed for doing some special things too.

Good night


Comments

Popular Posts