November 27th 2014

Today was busy busy busy!

I did not sleep well last night... up down up down all night long. I gave up at 8am. With very little prodding I found a partner in crime for the day.


We were everywhere and anywhere that struck us as interesting.
I certainly hope this coming Monday's 2nd trip will be as much fun. We started into London and began with Timmie's then proceeded to Michael's black thursday sale, then Home Sense, Dollarama, Canadian Tire, Len's Mills, Portugal Imports and finally lunch (a late lunch) at Arby's. We got some gifts, some stock, some new treats and lots and lots of fun!


I got home and my daughter liked the boots I had bought John!
Big surprise, they are camo....

So we jumped in the truck and headed for our local Canadian Tire where a rain-check had to be issued for her size, but she picked up a friends gift! So it was productive. Off for a quick trip to TSC's moonlight madness sale. THAT was productive! I am GOING to have to start wrapping now!




Judy was then off to a basketball game in London with friends and I relaxed until 6 when Caroline and I took a class at Heritage Gardens to make my first all natural wreath! I also bought 2 arrangements for the front stair urns. I used all my materials and made a lovely display! Caroline's wreath was beautiful, she used a different pattern and materials and ribbon than I did.





Now, a sleepless night and a busy day has wiped me out completely. As soon as Judy gets home, I am off to curl up in bed and hopefully get a great night's sleep.

Tomorrow pending the weather, is cookie swap pick up day. If the weather is bad, it is time to get wrapping.


Today's 8 simple ideas for a better Christmas:















  • On a clear night, find the bright north star and recall the story of the wisemen
    MY favourite version I heard in Disney's Epcot:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoCv-CDfgUM
  • Teach children to read the tag BEFORE they open the gift so they will know who to thank
  • Do not burn wrapping paper in the fireplace. It is a fire and health hazard
  • Be a generous giver
  • Be a gracious receiver
  • Make it a daily practice during this season to do something nice for someone without them knowing who did it
  • Read Twas the night before Christmas
  • Send encouraging cards to military personnel overseas
    http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/write-to-the-troops/mailing-instructions.page

Good night

Comments

Popular Posts