November 1st 2014

The little book of Christmas Joys. This book has been in our family since it was published (or I found it) in 1992. My sister bought me my copy at Costco. It has been my go to book as soon as Halloween is over. This year, it is lost. I can find it no where in the house. I must have lent it to someone or left it behind somewhere. I hope it has a good home now.

Every year I try to incorporate a few more of the items on the pages. There are 432 suggestions including some recipes. Divided by the 54 days until Christmas I will post 8 in each blog until then.

Not everyone will appreciate all of them. I can say none of them offend me, some have come in handy and some are family traditions now.










  • Be the first to wish everyone a Merry Christmas this year
  • Buy a pair of red flannel pyjamas you only wear on Christmas Eve
    (we buy matching pjs here)
  • Take the family to a small town Christmas parade
    (we are a small town!)
  • Don’t count calories from Dec 15th to January 2nd
    (calories? what are they?)
  • Never select a Christmas tree after dark
    (I have 7 fake, never had a real one)
  • Mend a broken relationship with a friend or relative during the holidays
  • Take a basket of goodies to a notoriously grumpy neighbor
  • Be nice to sales people, they are often wearier than you are
    (last week I gave an exhausted one a candy cane pen cause hers got stolen THAT made her smile)
Today was a whirlwind of activity We said good bye to our hot tub and hello to a giant car garage in the backyard..........





There is all that is left of the hot tub......
cut down  (in its prime hahahahhahhah)













and this monstrosity which is 10x too big for its purpose, has been erected to house the antique car so John can work in the garage this winter.




And he says I take up too much space with my scrapbooking???????????????????????????????

My house is clean. I am pretty proud of that.

I am on top of the 6 weeks to an organized Christmas. I am thrilled about that.

My scrap mess is organized now. (thank goodness for that)

Halloween is down and packed up. Yes already!

Tomorrow.... I have a ton of jobs but most are little 5 minute ones.






Next week, look out.... 

I am heading at you with a plan of attack
and a bad attitude.

Good night







Comments

Popular Posts