November 10th 2014

There are just some days that fly by. TODAY was one of them. I had a great deal of "want to do's" for today and only got a small amount of them done. I worked pretty steadily but nothing was working together to help me get anything accomplished.

The house is pretty clean and organized, the Christmas planner is updated and I am doing a good job following that! It is the big projects that are suffering. I managed with Judy's help, to pull down about 8-10 post it notes and scratch 4 things off my to do list today... plus general house cleaning. This naturally adds to the "need from dollarama store" list but the chandelier glass looks awesome and the junk pile on the armoire is gone now too.

Tonight Judy and I spent some quiet time, finishing some Christmas cards after supper. We put a movie on and worked away at them. The 200 Valleyview cards are signed and ready t be delivered December 1st now. Judy's friends' cards are now ready and we made a dent on making her Christmas gift to buy list.


It is official. I believe I have the start of a cold. A little cough all day and a runny nose with a scratchy throat equals Debbie is sick. I have started a round of cold meds..... but will have to play wait and see. Might see Dr Gregor WAY earlier than anticipated this quarter.

Another 8 joys for your season



  • Remember the three rules for reducing holiday hassles.
    1) plan ahead 2) start early 3) keep it simple
  • Don't give anyone (who doesn't ask) fruitcake
  • Don't give a child underwear
  • Don't give a spouse a bthroom scale
    (EVER! for any reason)
  • Call a nursing home and send cards signed "from santa"
    (We adopted this when Judy was 4 and have done it for Valleyview ever since)
  • tip someone who doesn't expect it (gas attendant, drive thru staff)
    (keep some lottery tickets or tim cards in your wallet)
  • Wait until Christmas morning to put the baby in the nativity scene
    (my sister's family used to do this while singing happy birthday)
  • Remember the best solution for the holiday blues is to do something special for someone else
    *** Last year, I was feeling especially blue one day. Pam and I decided to get dressed (in blue) take our to-do lists etc to the Coffee Culture and figure out a game plan. Just being able to say the difficulties out loud was helpful. We managed to work everything out and we got to have cheesecake. 
DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE YOUR FRIENDS!!!!! Sometimes they are the best place to go when you are lost or need help.

Good night.

Comments

Popular Posts