November 28th 2014

Another early morning. A drive out to Mount Brydges to the Hollandia cookie outlet store and in 45 minutes I finished "baking" for the holidays. Thanks to all the people who participated in the cookie swap, we have 25 flavours for our trays this year.



It took a fair amount of time, but Judy pitched in counting and sorting 135lbs of cookies and by 1am we were boxed labeled and cleaned up. Check one more job off the to-do list.




I also managed to get groceries, a candy pick up for the weekend, and save a friend too today.

Now that the house is cleaned up, I will get the cookies out of the way and start wrapping. THIS is a favourite job of mine, although in past years I have slammed through it late at night, this year I plan to enjoy wrapping and have pretty curling ribbon on the parcels. I use matching paper every year so I very much enjoy seeing bows and ribbons on parcels. No gift bags for me this year. I am going old school.

John will be home tomorrow with his new Nesbitt coat and 5 year watch, and an award for something..... no staff Christmas party this year, they decided on a breakfast with a staff meeting instead.

Tomorrow morning I have to go pick up 2 tires........

So onto tonight's:

8 brilliant ideas.........















  • Record your young child singing carols and send to grandparents far away
    (Hallmark has the recordable story books!
    I want my Dad to read me the night before Christmas in one!)
  • Be the first to lob a snowball and start a battle
    (look out Staci you are my closest target)
  • Set out a bowl of walnuts, tangerines and pecans in the tv room
    (mini chocolate bars here!)
  • Buy a big red candle and burn it every night at supper
  • Attend a children's concert
  • Keep a fire extinguisher near the tree and in the kitchen
    (on the to get list)
  • Decorate your living room with a pot of paper whites
    (I opted for an amarylis)
  • Welcome a new neighbour with a plate of homemade goodies
    (we have many leaving not sure about coming)


Good night!

Comments

Popular Posts