March 14th 2021


I woke up super tired still
(Not from the clock change)
I was sitting relaxing
And planning the day.
What actually happened was lovely
Just not what I planned!

Chris showed up 
At 10:30 not 11:30
So they could head out
And pick up the new fishing boat.

So the kids and Heather and I 
Chatted and then decided
Grilled cheese for lunch
Sounded like a good idea.

After lunch I gave the boys 
Their St. Patrick's Day gifts
Which included foam Easter egg
Decorating items!!!!
So we all sat and made eggs.

Mom showed up with Tink
Just after 1pm
And we made plans for
The next few months
While waiting for the guys.

We finally got headed 
Out to see the swans at 2.
Today's 8am count was 800 swans
And the boys were so excited!
It was super cold though
So it was nice to see but not for long.
We headed home and
Gwen brought mom back here 
After and she stayed to visit.

Pam stopped in for a pick up, 
Caroline was here at some point, 
then the boys started working 
on the boat in the yard.

Chris found a deal on a TOOL box
And they made a quick run out
To pick that up.

Suddenly it was 5pm
And I was making supper for 7. 
Noah and I decided
On a big salad, garlic bread,
Wagon wheel pasta
With meat sauce 
And popcorn chicken
With cinnamon coffee cake for dessert.

Family meal at the table
And lots of silliness.

Everyone out by 8
And I finally sat down.
We watched an 80's movie
"Fletch" with Chevy Chase,
And now I need bed!

I am sore and tired.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts