March 25th 2021

Merry Christmas in March.

My morning started with a pick up
And then I was off
To wash and gas up both cars.
I also bought beer and did the banking.

I spent the day
Finishing the photographs
For our fundraising auction 
This coming weekend!

https://fb.me/e/1jLLPe8im?ti=cl

The goal was 5pm
But an accidental wrong battery purchase
Made it 6pm before I finished!

John was floating ideas about
Our bathroom reno
So we decided to go look
At wall board.

Naturally when we got there,
We started at bbq's - 
Of which we need as ours is pooched -
But was NOT why we were there.

No stock of anything in wall board that
We could use or at least
Nothing we could agree on.
So we left.

I had an idea in the parking lot.
I asked John
- and I knew he hated  doing it -
If the walls could just be mudded
And painted with texture paint
To hide the flaws
*our house is 125+ years old*
And how much would THAT cost.

He would need 2 sheets of drywall
And mud and time.
We had the mud.
So I pointed out that IF he did it that way
Then the more expensive bbq
He wanted would be feasible.

Budget for new bbq
+
Budget for Wall board
=
The bbq with pizza oven and griddle

He looked at me with that
"Are you serious" look
And we went back in.
Naturally none in stock...
But one in North London!

So off we went
After he stopped and got a Starbucks.
They had pulled it down for us
But the lovely man
Did not think John was seriously
Going to try to put it in a Veloster.

Because we had to drive across town
They gave us a discount
Equal to the cost of a bbq light
A utensil Matt and a propane gauge!

Got it in the car no problem.
It was now almost 8:30.
Smiling John was even more thrilled
When I took him to Fast Eddies
For a burger.

Now he has projects
For the whole weekend.

I am pooped and headed for bed

Good night from John Street



Comments

Popular Posts