Sept 1st 2019

Well 3pm is close
To first thing in the morning...
If you just had a 2 hour nap.

Rudely woken at 10am by the phone
On Saturday morning,
I begrudgingly got up
And went out to grab bbq items.

The BYOM bbq was a fantastic
Evening of food and friends
With some "long lost" people
Showing up too!

The new Mr and Mrs came
With my Great nephews
And set up their BYOT
So they could have drinks.

Dad was here and loved John's
Smoked pork ribs so much
That he ate my share!
12+ ribs (almost the whole rack)
Plus corn plus potato salad...
Covered in bbq sauce and
Smiling with a beer in hand.

Fun night that got damp and chilly
Nice bonfire and plans
For next weekend already!

My weekend to drink
So cherry brandy with coke
And I got reacquainted!
Finally crashed at about 1am.

Up at 7:30am
To shut vehicle windows
Because it was threatening
To rain...
I also decided to gather
The cushions in the backyard
And ended up just staying up.

Got the kid's tent down
And them headed home,
Just as the clock struck 10:30am
And I had to be at Valleyview.

Off to coffee (no lunch)
And managed to get Dad to sign
His anniversary card after slipping in
With flowers for him to give Mom.

John and I gave them a card
Because I delivered an armfull of glads
Yesterday!
She says her house is going to look
Like a funeral home! Hahhahaha

Got home
And John and I went back to bed.

Now time to get ready
For an anniversary dinner at Valleyview
(Chinese food) and cake
And a "surprise" visit
From Mom and Dad's first
Great Grandchild!!!!!!!!!!!
Trenton is en route now
And my Dad is going to lose it!

Happy Labour Day Weekend

Comments

Popular Posts