Sept 5th 2019

I hate ugly o'clock
And my first few hours
Only got worse.

I did get up at 7am
Got ready, emptied the dishwasher,
And headed out
Grabbing a tea en route.

No major road hassles
And got my car checked in,
To check engine light,
Check sway bars,
Have an oil change,
Order some broken clips
And get a car wash.

I grabbed one of the fresh baked
Cookies they serve and
John arrived soon after to pick me up.

By 9am we had gotten the call.
An "animal" (squirrel or mouse)
Had chewn through my car's
Wiring harness!
A new one would be $2000
Or they could try repairing.
Yes there was also a problem
with the sway bars
But
That was under warranty.
The oil change was
The last of my free ones
And they wash my car free too.

I actually physically slumped
Maybe I more sagged in my seat.
John dropped me off at LDO.

I had lots to keep me occupied.
Organizing paper,
Talking to the room full of women,
Looking at the new SU punches,
Eating Chinese food....
Then the call.

$413 to repair the harness.
Mom drove me to pick up
My poor Malificent.
(And I ate another cookie)

A couple pit stops
And I headed home
To make baked ravioli and meatballs,
A kale salad and cheese bread.

I spent the evening packing up
Goody bags for the upcoming craft event
And talking to vendors.
Bed to read by 9pm.

Today is another
Ugly o'clock morning.
It's Remicade day and it's at 8am.

2 errands after while I am in London,
Then home where I am in lock down
For a few days recovering
And avoiding all the colds out there!

I have plenty to do and lots to clean
So I am sure I will find
A long list of to do's!

Good morning from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts