February 19th 2019

Well,
Looks like mother nature
Is in a calmer mood today.

Some days I wonder
Why I keep on the 6 goals
Each day and yesterday
I was so happy I do!

I did accomplish all the basic
Cleaning up around the house
And even put my scrap room
Back in immaculate order
After crafting all afternoon.

I know it shouldn't but
When it seems like all that
Is expected to all be done by me
I want to throw up my hands
And let the house go to pot.

But today,
I was sitting quietly playing a game
And John was upstairs
Restringing his sitar,
When we got a phone call.
My nephew and his wife
Were in our driveway!!!

It was a fun visit
With some great conversation.
Finally I gave up waiting
And asked to see the papers she
Was playing with in her hands.
I had guessed the big secret.

I am going to be a Great Aunt Debbie again!

After they left I called Mom
Aka Great Grandma,
Who was giddy with excitement.
Neither of us had been there
When Great Grandpa learned the news
But apparently he was quite happy.

Today
I have no obligations.
So 6 goals:

1) load of denims washed
2) cook - never got to it yesterday
3) garbage gathered for pick up
4) design the next 2 swaps
5) send a congratulations card to my sister
6) pack tools and adhesive in LDO bag

But first,
Comfy clothes and a tea.

Good morning from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts