DECEMBER 7

December 7th 2017

I did not want to get up today.

Dad was going away
With the b.i.l. for lunch,
So I knew it was 
A work around the house day.

John got home about 9
And had a tea and donut
FOR ME!!!!!!!

Begrudgingly,
I gave up the bed
And let him go to sleep.
(Which he did for 9 hours!)

Downstairs,
Chores and jobs
Came second to my finishing
16 handpainted pillowcases.
I also managed to make
A lightup photo 
Of the Essex Dad wanted.

Smartly I had supper cooking
In a crock pot today,
So the roast chicken,
Alfredo noodles, green beans
And foccacia bread
Was ready when I was.

I also managed to make
Pretzel kisses and candy cane bark!

Not much wrapping got done,
But I have kept the mess 
To a minimum by cleaning up
After each project.

Tomorrow,
Coffe with Mom,
Wrapping with Dad,
And then home to make peanut brittle.


History of the wreath

The origins of the Advent wreath are found in the folk practices of the pre-Christian Germanic peoples who, during the cold December darkness of Eastern Europe, gathered wreaths of evergreen and lighted fires as signs of hope in a coming spring and renewed light.


Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts