DECEMBER 19

December 19th 2017

As an adult,
Charged with being santa,
The pressure can be overwhelming!

And I do it to myself!
I focused on getting ahead
Instead of the weekly tasks.
So,
Although I was on point
Or ahead on many items...
I put too many off until
Now when time seems 
To run at 100kmh!

I did NOT use time wisely,
And I continue to put off
What would take 
just a few minutes to complete.

Tonight was the late night
Shopping run with the girls.
It is intended to be 
last minute fun stuff,
Or the last of the groceries 
For the big meal coming.

Instead I am still hunting
For items that I should
Have been done weeks ago.

Tonight was fun,
Tomorrow will be busy,
And so on and so on.

Mom is having a great time,
The girls get her out and about
Sooooo often!

She even joined us
Late night shopping
IN HER pyjamas!!!!!!!!!!!


Coca Cola Santa 

It's a familiar image that usually means the holidays are near -- Santa's image on a can of Coca-Cola. But how did the image known today -- the bearded, jolly man in a red coat -- come to be?
According to an expert on Coca-Cola's history, the image was commissioned in the 1930s by the company for their national holiday campaign.




Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts