DECEMBER 17

December 17th 2017

Sunday lunch
with a surprise set of visitors.

John and I headed over early
so Dad could get a few extra minutes
to work on Mom's homemade gift.

We got done JUST in time
to get it put away so she did not see it,
and just in time
to see my nephew and his fiancée
come to visit!

My week for lunch,
so chicken, buns, coleslaw and wedges
with 2 trays of homemade desserts.

It was very nice.

Got Mom off tot he theater in time,
while John and and I 
headed out to hand deliver some cards.

Home again,
John was off to his workshop
to help Judy finish a gift,
and I was busy finishing a few projects
around here LIKE PEANUT BRITTLE.

I had so much success last year
that I think I was due
for epic failure this year!
Fourth and fifth try turned out perfect.

I made a couple extra homemade gifts tonight,
wrapped a few things
and crashing around 10:30.

Tomorrow is convert-a-cookie day.
We don't bake,
we take ordinary cookies 
and turn them into delightful,
edible,
artwork.





Tinsel
is a type of decorative material that mimics the effect of ice, consisting of thin strips of sparkling material attached to a thread. When in long narrow strips not attached to thread, it is called "lametta", and emulates icicles. It was originally a metallic garland for Christmas decoration. The modern production of tinsel typically involves plastic, and is used particularly to decorate Christmas trees. It may be hung from ceilings or wrapped around statues, lampposts, and so on. Modern tinsel was invented in Nuremberg, Germany, in 1610, and was originally made of shredded silver.



Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts