DECEMBER 10

December 10th 2017

Where does it get stamped
On a mom
That all the holidays
Are up to her?????

Do we take over the prep
Or is it something
Our past family females
Put on us years ago?

Don't get me wrong!
I love doing some of the stuff,
But around this time
Every year,
I wonder why the rest
Of my family doesn't see the importance of homemade chocolates, cookies etc.
Why is matching paper
And bows and tags
So important to me
But not them?

Not so bad this year,
But John is very focused 
On working on the homemade
Gifts in his garage
And not so much about
The tree decorating.

I have followed my planner
And in some areas
I am very much ahead
And in other areas
I have to admit...
I wish I had an all night
Walmart and an all night
Energy level!

Sunday.
Lunch with Dad
Got 2 more of his homemade
Gifts finished AND wrapped.
He now has 3 of 5 DONE.
Wednesday he will
Have his fourth wrapped!

When we got home
I was exhausted,
As I always am the day
Before my Remicade infusion.

I paddled away at stuff,
Had some minor
YEEHAWS
And then crashed on the sofa.

Supper was spaghetti,
Sausage and garlic focaccia.
Mmmmmmmm

Christmas Carols
Carols commemorating the nativity, or birth of Jesus Christ, were purportedly first written in Latin in the 4th and 5th centuries, but they didn't become associated with Christmas until the 13th century. Saint Francis of Assisi, the Roman Catholic saint of animals and the environment, is often credited with incorporating upbeat Latin hymns into Christmas services. The energetic, joyful carols were sung in sharp contrast to the somber Christmas music of the day. The concept of Christmas carols, and spreading them to the community to celebrate Christ's birth, is thought to have spread across Europe.



Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts