DECEMBER 20

December 20th 2017


What a day.
Some days I am meant to shop.
From finding books at 12 1/2 cents each
to a $215 dress for $2.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did get to LDO 
and I wrapped John's gifts,
and I made homemade chocolates.

Home I wrapped some last minute gifts
and packed up for Gwen's Open House.

We were loading up
when we got the call.
Dad was being shipped to STEGH
 (St Thomas Elgin General Hospital)
with a severe breathing issue.

What to do?
We sent John to the hospital
and we continued on 
knowing we might get called back asap.

John confirmed with us
he had pneumonia,
and would be going to ICU
by phone around 8:30.

We headed back to emergency.
We found Dad 
hooked up to a breathing machine
as he was unable to do it alone.
He was awake and knew we were there,
and we learnt they were talking
about intubating him.
THAT was scary.

We got word from the nurse
that his numbers were improving
and I dragged Mom home.
I said get some sleep, 
and if you want to come back at 3am
then I will drive you.
 (fyi - she slept)

I had to talk on the phone
on my drive home
because I was so exhausted.


The earliest known Christmas tree decorations were apples. At Christmastime, medieval actors would use apples to decorate paradise trees (usually fir trees) during “Paradise Plays,” which were plays depicting Adam and Eve’s creation and fall.



Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts