May 29th 2021

I spent the morning
With my foot up on pillows.

I kicked a case of nails
Before bed last night.
My foot throbbed all night long.
So I taped it up after getting dressed
And spent the morning
Just relaxing and talking to John
While he worked on the bathroom.

Once downstairs
I went next door to meet
Our 2 new puppy neighbours!
They are going to be soooo big,
But right now they are cute
Bundles of fluffy fur
And have puppy breath.

A visit from Gwen
And some chatter about gardens
And she was off with her
Little pile of rhubarb.

Inside and foot up
Did not last long
As I was tasked with some groceries
And a birthday gift!
(After I found some shoes that
My poor sore foot fit into)

Home again,
I wrapped some gifts,
Signed some cards
And mailed a letter.

Went and got cleaned up,
Shaved even!
And then bbq'd some burgers
For supper tonight.

Thankfully I grabbed a jacket
Before we left for the birthday
Because man did it get chilly tonight!
A bonfire helped but
I turned on the seat warmers
On our way home!!!!

I am now tucked into bed 
and starting to warm up.

So good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts