May 3rd 2021

What a day.

So I learned of "I" get
11 hours of fresh air on Sunday,
I will need enough sleep
For 2 people!!!
Bed by 10 last night 
And could barely function
When I woke up at 10am.

The boys were happy to see me
Come down and Uncle John
Had them comfortable watching
A movie due to rain.

I had a coffee 
And tried to wake up...

When the movie was over
All 4 of us played a wild
Game of snakes and ladders.
I won!!! (Uncle John lost)

I took out some art for them
And Uncle John made KD for lunch.
I had to get going.
It takes about 50 minutes
In good traffic to get to North London
And it was a rainy wet drive.

Got to the mcdonalds
And had my monthly 
Before heading up for my infusion.

Well.... I was there 24 hours early!
Oops, but she had my meds
And offered to do it today.

The pre-med I had been taking for years
Suddenly made my face swell
So now it's Benadryl by IV.
Yeah... So I sleep
Right through the infusion
And I am exhausted after.

On a good note,
My Dr has me on rapid infusion now!
So what used to take 4+ hours
Now takes 2!
I was done by 3pm
Home by 4pm.

John took one look at me
And sent me to bed.
I slept 3 more hours.

Up reluctantly
Because I was so hungry.
Between us we made
Red stuffed peppers with pasta
And it was delicious.

The only other excitement 
Was Corky knocking over
The kitchen cat tree
And breaking the window.

Yeah,
Today is over.
Tomorrow is another day...
And I plan to use it wisely.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts