May 12th 2021

Today was my day "off" .

I did a few chores,
I did some dishes,
I even hung a load 
of laundry on the line.

Then Corky and I spent
The afternoon sitting outside,
Enjoying some fresh air
And sunshine.

We came in at 4.
I made a new salad
Roasted corn and bacon.
We made baked chicken
And garlic potatoes for supper.

A phone call that was 
Not really sudden 
but not a surprise either.
A friend's husband passed away.
I was asked to forward 
The info to the girls.

It is funny how fast a phone call
Can change the way
You look at the complaints you
Made throughout the day.

John ran a basket of 
Freezer meals off to her,
We ran a letter to the mailbox
And then sat down for dinner
And some tv.

A random knock he door
And I was surprised
With a caramel sundae delivery!

Tonight is all about rest now
So bed early.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts