October 6th 2020

Spent the day getting rid of 
Some "I don't feel like"
 Chores on my to do list.

We bbq'd a big steak for supper
And even ate at the table.

I am having a war currently
With my brain.

I am trying very hard to say
3 thanks every morning.
My brain immediately goes to
The vague "like my family" or
And I think this is worse...
What "I should be" saying.

Use this as an example:
Your friend meets you for coffee
And she is wearing the 
#1 ugliest shirt you personally
Have ever seen.
1) immediately say what the heck
2) ignore and hope it's not brought up
3) tell her it's nice when asked
Then run home to tell hubby how ugly
4) snap a pic because no one will believe it

That's what I am running into. 
I say I am thankful for ______________
And then my brain:
1) shows me a pic of why 
I am not thankful for that 
causing sorrow not thankfulness
2) instantly says you can do better 
causing me to be frustrated when I can't
3) accept it because I am too lazy 
To put in the effort
Causing regret because I missed the point
Of the whole excercise
4) points out I have used that before
Causing me anxiety that maybe i
Do not have as much to be thankful for
As I once assumed

It's a process.
I will get better.
I will get more specific.
I DO have thankful.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts