October 1st 2020

Hi.
It's been a longer hiatus 
Than I intended to take.

When I started this blog,
It was meant to be therapeutic.
The doctor thought it would help me
Deal with everything 
I was going through.
It was never intended 
To really be for anyone else.

Then, it was a safe place
To contemplate big issues
And talk out (with myself)
What I should be doing.
Suddenly I was being stopped
And told what I wrote inspired them.
That was the first time
I realized others outside my 
Immediate friends were reading it!

Then I was reprimanded
About something "I" wrote
About something "I" felt.
So, rather than continue the same way
I changed tactics and became
The author of a frivolous
Kind of "look what I did" blog.

Then I was once again reprimanded
About something "I" wrote
About something "I" felt.
So, rather than continue the same way
I was making vague comments
On my life...

So what started as a therapeutic excercise,
Suddenly I was forced (sort of)
Into a daily job even I was uninterested
In accomplishing.

Today is a new day!
Today was a kick in the pants to say the least!

I lost a friend to cancer today.
I did not even know she had it.

I am still grieving the loss of my Dad.
Still no funeral.

My Mother announced that she
Has been diagnosed with skin cancer.

I am done.
I need bed and a recharge.
Tomorrow is another day.
A new start.

G'night from John Street






Comments

Popular Posts