October 26th 2020

What a day.

I was busy getting ready 
and last minute reception foods.
John was a big help
Keeping me running on time,
Running pick ups,
Setting up coffee and cider
And chauffeuring mom and i
To the funeral.

I managed my 9 minute eulogy
(Yes I timed it)
Without much more than tears.
Thank you lorazepam.
Mom was stable and we got through it.

So much help from my niece
And my adopted sister.
They took care of serving all the food
For the reception after.

Lots of masks and sanitizer,
And love and memories.

Even though it was colder 
Than expected,
But everything worked out fine.

My 2 great nephewa
Kept me going all afternoon.
I love their energy and joy
Of all things new and people.

Now I just want quiet
And time to relax.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts