October 14th 2020

Apparently this was a get stuff done day
GSD for short.

After doing 2 loads of laundry 
And hanging on the line,
I made a beef stew base before
I headed off in search of jars
For applesauce.

This simple task seen me hit
4 second hand stores 
before I had enough to do 
Just half a bushel.
BUT I did get all donations donated.

Off to Mom's
And we managed 30 containers.

Home just before the rain
And grabbed the laundry off the line.

Finished making the stew
And straightened my little world.

It was suddenly 6:30
And my very demanding boss
(With a whip saying go go go)
Arrived all wound up and
Helped me completely empty
My gift storage area.
Wow! I had more than I knew.

A quick trip to Dollar Tree (yes 10 items+)
And my boss and I had a lovely
Break from reality.

Home again,
Faced with this disaster
And John headed off to work,
I decided to divide by gift getters
And sorted the giant mess.

Late to bed but happy.

Good night from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts