July 10th 2019

Big plans for today
After a really busy day Monday
And a less than stellar Tuesday
Then Remicade tomorrow.

I slept in yesterday
And was late for the first running
Of the library cart at Valleyview.
I had not gone to bed until after 12:30
And the power was turned off at 4am
So that the construction crew
- who thought screaming at each other
From down the street at 6am was ok -
Could begin replacing hydro poles.

Left Valleyview for the optomiterist
To learn John's glasses
Cannot be repaired
And mine will cost a bit less
Than $900!

I came home
And was starved, irritated and tired.

John looked at me at 1pm
told me to knock it off
And to lay down.

I took John's advice
Grabbed my pillow and favourite comforter
And laid on the sofa ALL AFTERNOON
Reading, relaxing and snoozing.

The evening was spent
Packing goody bags for this weekend
And boxing them up,
Wrapping door prizes,
Making spaghetti sauce,
Testing the popcorn maker
And teasing my niece.

Bed at midnight again.

This morning I have
a hair dresser appointment at 9:30,
A dollar store trip for the event
And one for Valleyview,
Signs to make,
More raffle items to wrap,
And a proper supper for John.

Good morning from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts