July 21st 2019

Yesterday
Was ... busy? Crazy? Insane...
Yes definitely insane
But
I did manage to create
Some relax time too!

Let's see:
9am out the door
Dollar tree
Home Hardware
Timmies
Pick up birthday cupcakes

10am arrive at job site
Touch ups
Hang closet door
Put in baseboards
Clean up

12:30pm chore list
Party groceries
Pick up beer

1:30pm back home
Unload car
Get Dad set up with a drink
Roast chicken legs
Organize chip "tree"
Clean kitchen
Sat down with a coke.

Due to the temperatures outside
I decided to keep the food inside
And people could come get
It when they were hungry.

3pm kitchen chores
Set up roasters for bbq chicken
And make
sloppy joes
Veggie bowls
Deviled eggs

4pm set up
Make a buffet area out of my kitchen
And a dessert area
In the back room.
Go get ice
Feed Dad

5pm Otter
The cat loves being outside
So I put everything she needed
Into the living room and locked
Her up in there
That way she would not
Accidentally escape.
People started to arrive.

6pm hello-good bye
Dad's ride arrived
Dinner was served
More guests arrived
A group playing cards
A group playing darts
And some goobers wrestling around
And ending up in the pool.

7pm what is that?
The weather took a sharp turn
And the party was moved
Into the garage - although
The card players just kept playing
In the gazebo!!!
And some of us were just fascinated
With the incredibly viscous storm
Clouds and whirlwind weather.

8pm rain rain go away!
I got too wet and went in to change
Straightened up the kitchen
And sat for a bit.

9pm can you scorekeep!
Apparently no one knew
How to score a dart game
And I was asked to step in.
It took forever but I was sitting.
Thankfully 2 of my great nephews
Were there helping me

11pm good bye
Guests started to leave
Some clean up started to happen
(I paid my helpers in cupcakes)
Recycling and bottles were gathered.

12am I don't wanna!
But food got cleaned up, refrigerated
And suddenly...
I had my house back
And said good  to John.

1am bed....

Today is Sunday.
Some seriously basic plans.
Lunch at Valleyview with Dad,
A little banking
Then home - to do NOTHING 
relax maybe sit in my new pool,
Bbq some burgers....

And I deserve a day off.
Good morning from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts