Feb 5th 2020

1914 – The Ford Motor Company announces an eight-hour workday and a minimum wage of $5 for one day's labor.
vs
2020 - The Ford Motor Company posts a minimum wage of $25 per HOUR for an 8 hour work day (plus benefits........)

Wednesday started with sunshine.
I decided to take some in!

I got up, dressed and loaded the car.
I turned on the seat warmer,
Set the heat to floor only
And opened the sunroof to get some vitamin D.

First stop: Loblaws on Wonderland Road
Pick up the last (i thought)
of the wedding album photos.
Second stop: Holland Cookie Factory
I not only grabbed the Valleyview
Fundraiser cookies but some
Valentine's gifts too!
Third stop: LDO
Where I sorted photos for 2 hours.
Fourth stop: WalMart
Where I did print a few more photos
And exchanged my food processor
For a "non-smoking" version.

Home again,
I changed into work clothes
And folded a load of laundry
Before making a broccoli cheese sauce
And creating a ham 
and scalloped potato casserole
For tonight's supper.
Dishwasher loaded and counters scrubbed,
I lit the candles around the house
And hunkered down in case
The actual storm hits us tonight.

Homemade cookies for dessert
While we watched a comedy show.

I have ordered a few more photos 
For the wedding album(s)
As a few I KNOW I want are missing.

John is off to work now,
And I am comfortably wrapped 
In a comfy old comforter
Watching Disney+ and drinking hot apple cider.

Good night from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts