Feb 15th 2020

National Flag of Canada Day
Every year 15th February is celebrated as "National Flag of Canada Day" or "Flag Day" in Canada, to honor the national flag which is also known as Maple Leaf or l'Unifolie (French: "the one-leafed"). On this day in 1965, the Canadian flag was first raised over the Parliament Hill in Ottawa.

Today seems to have gone 
On for-ever!
I was just surprised to learn
It's only 9pm,
Because I thought it was after 11!

Up and dressed by 9am
I had a chore (goal) list
And was determined
To get stuff done.

Laundry started,
I pulled the rest of supper
Out of the freezer.

I added the last few pictures
To the flash drive
And grabbed a door prize
For a local crop.

I made quick work of dropping off
The door prize as I am crafting
There tomorrow - the second day
While John watches NASCAR.

Off to walmart
Where I found a few deals
In markdown b-day stuff,
Then proceeded to print
All the photos still not done...

Now... back home.
Time to sort the photos I printed
Get some kits packed.... What?
Some are not the right size
And I am STILL missing...
Arrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Ok,
Added the (hopefully) last photos
Once again and decided
I might have better luck cooking.

Happily I prepped the v-day dinner
Had enough left to freeze.
Even got the dishwasher running.
Time to get John up
While I finished making dessert.
Time to get dressed
And head over to set the table.
Dad requested seafood.

So we had coquille st Jacques on rice
While Mom had beef tips on curry noodles.

Got Mom home before dark,
John and I headed BACK to walmart
To print more photos
And grab some milk.
Shoppers for coke
And finally home.

He cleaned up the kitchen
While I started packing 
for tomorrow's crop.
I am doing all Christmas.

Happily 
that is when I learned it was only 9!
So I have another hour 
To fine tune the last bit of packing! 
I want only 2 bags!
One rolly with one on top.

I am bringing the huge lot 
of wedding photos I have printed
So if I get bored
(Or complete everything!!)
I can sort those photos 
Into sections of the wedding
And work out layouts.

So back to packing 
including my coke
And then off to bed 
so I am well rested
For tomorrow.
Not sure what my record is...
But last week was 31 pages!
Wish me luck.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts