Feb 27th 2020

National Polar Bear Day, also known as International Polar Bear Day is observed today. It is a day to learn more about the polar bear and conservation efforts where the polar bear is concerned. The Polar Bear is considered "vulnerable" because of environmental endangerment. The polar bear is a hypercarnivorous bear whose native range lies largely within the Arctic Circle. It is a large bear, approximately the same size as a Kodiak bear. A boar (adult male) weighs around 772–1,543 lb, while a sow (adult female) is about half that size. Polar bears are the largest land carnivores currently in existence. It has evolved to occupy a narrower ecological niche, with many body characteristics adapted for cold temperatures, for moving across snow, ice and open water, and for hunting seals, which make up most of its diet. Although most polar bears are born on land, they spend most of their time on the sea ice. Polar bears hunt their preferred food of seals from the edge of sea ice, often living off fat reserves when no sea ice is present. 

Polar Bears live in temperatures from +10 to -42!!!!
Polar Bear, Ontario is currently -21.
St Thomas, Ontario is currently -7.

Yeah and I thought it was chilly today.

My day was a WRECK from the start.
I have been about 10 minutes late
and unorganized from the time I woke up
until this very minute.

I woke up and got dressed,
but had to sit down at the dining room table
just to wake up!

Off I went to Dollar Tree for stuffed animals
for the Valleyview gift shop.
When I got there,
I was all over the store...
I did have a list (mostly mental)
but alas not enough time.

Off to do coffee at Valleyview.
I am reserving stocking the store
until they are at lunch
or I am mauled by people wanting to see
what new items I have brought in.

Got coffee all set up,
Dad set up with the banana bread I brought him
and plunked into a chair.
The necklaces I had bought
were all knotted together..... 10 of them.
Dad was happily munching while I got them apart.

No one left but me and Dad,
I decided to fill the cabinet....
suddenly I found myself surrounded by gawkers!
As fast as I put it out
they were buying.

FINALLY
I was alone again
and finished pricing and organizing,
and making a list of what needed to be bought
to replace what I thought I had stocked up on....
but sold right away....
then it was time to clean up
the coffee area and wipe down tables.
The "supervisor" had asked me
to organize the tea towels
after she tossed the old and added new.
Now off to talk to "my boss"
and organize the next coffee shop.

I left about 12:30
and off to a lunch meeting
with my partner at Pizza Hut.
We successfully made some decisions
and made some plans too.
I got my car loaded with door prizes.

Off to Ardene at 2pm
to pick up a necklace that was requested
and some earrings too.


Next I headed off to gas up my car,
do the TD banking,
do the 2pnt banking,

then re-enter the Dollar Tree (2nd time today)
to rebuy most of the items
and add some wheelchair bags
for me to revamp for the gift shop,
to pick up some items for me,
and to grab a few items
for the upcoming crop.

Did I mention it was snowy and blowy today
and drivers are stupid?

Headed back down Talbot Street
and stopped at Bulk Barn
for the crop and for me.

Home!
Finally!
Well at least for 45 minutes.
I packed up the 3 door prizes
for this weekends crop...

Then John was awake,
so back in the car and pick up Mom
so we can go pick up John's repaired car
and Mom's accident repaired car too.

Snowy ride there
and a bill that emptied the chequing account,
before the 3 of us all left in our own vehicles.

I was off to the London Dollar Tree (3rd time)
to pick up what we were out of in St Thomas.

Then a pit stop at Lindt
for a quick pick up.

A sloppy, windy, snowy, yucky
drive down Wellington Road to get home.

Now time for Valleyview pub night.
Dad was quite happy to see me
even though I was late by 10 minutes.
He ate ALL the cheesies. TWICE!

Supper.
John "forgot" to take out the chicken wings.
So I grabbed a couple whoppers for John
and mozza sticks for me.

I drove in the driveway at 8pm.
Home...
Finally...
Tired...
Sore...
We ate dinner.

Now to fold the laundry,
load the dishwasher,
organize the door prizes into piles,
pack up the Valleyview items...
and get John off to work.

Now I am sitting,
I want to go to bed...
but too tired to move.
So I am sitting here writing the blog.

I do have to get moving. 
Another busy day tomorrow...
And I still have to fill my pill containers.

Good night from John Street (eventually)

Comments

Popular Posts