Feb 22nd 2020

Single Tasking Day
You may have been praised for your multitasking skills, but have you ever tried single tasking i.e. doing only one thing at a time? The made-up holiday clearly wants to encourage people to devote all their time and energy on accomplishing one task at a time. Did You Know... that according to research only about 2% of people can effectively multitask? 

Recent studies have shown that multitasking - the ability to focus on more than one task at any given time- can be less effective and productive than previously thought. Multitasking can also decrease the accuracy of certain tasks. This is because when one shifts from one task to another, the brain needs time to change focus. This can lead to a waste of time and can cause a lot of stress. Time management can also become an issue for multitaskers.

Increase Accuracy and Productivity: experts suggest that the best way to accomplish something well is to direct all of one's energy and time on the task. Single tasking increases engagement and helps reduce errors. 

My day started
With me organizing the gifts
For the Feb and March events.
I did need to run out
And grab some extra loot bags,
So I got the car washed 
At the same time.

Back to it
I finished and boxed up
All the gifts and logged what was left.
I did some computer work,
And then John was up.

He did some yard work in the sunshine,
Then we decided to bbq!!!
I ran out and grabbed some
Fresh buns and ground beef.

Naturally 
That was when we realized 
The propane was empty!
Arrrrrgggghhh
I was not giving in...
I ran out to fill the tank.

Supper was absolutely delicious.
Some table chatter
And clean up 
Then got John back to bed.
He got home kinda late this morning
So he only got 4 hours sleep.
By 8:30pm the house was clean
Bread in breadmaker
And bread pudding prepped for tomorrow.

I am grabbing some snacks
And watching some tv for a bit.

Tomorrow is supposed to be +8!!!!

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts