Feb 11th 2020

Thomas Edison was born on February 11, 1847. He invented the phonograph, the motion picture camera, and the electric light bulb. He has many great quotes.

He has another couple of great quotes relative to the one above: "I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work" and "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up". The word, Perseverance, comes to my mind!

So I spent the day
Prepping a huge Italian meal for dinner.
Stuffed shells, coloured pasta, 
meatballs, chicken fries, mini ravioli, 
Caesar salad and garlic bread. 
Tarts for dessert.

I did not get the house clean
But I did get the table set
JUST before people started arriving.
I even got to take a quick shower too.
List complete.

Mom first,
Chris, Heather and the boys next.
Otter ran away and hid immediately
But Cory thought the boys
We're his new best friends 
And played with them right until
It was time for them to go.

Last night was a nightmare.
Exhausted I crawled into bed,
Then spent the whole night
Sleeping so lightly 
That EVERYTHING woke me up again.

Needless to say
Tired is what described my state 
Of mind today.

By 10pm I am in pjs,
With a clean kitchen
And straightened main floor.

John is off to check on Mom
Who called after she apparently
Hit a dog on the way home,
And then he is off to work.

I am going to relax and then
Try to sleep tonight...
Actual sleep.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts