January 7th 2020

All over the UK the corpses of pine trees have been spotted lying in the streets as the tinsel and baubles have disappeared overnight. Christmas might be well and truly over as we charge headlong into 2020, but there's one person keeping the festive spirit going: Queen Elizabeth , who’s still on her holiday break at Sandringham.
Apparently, the monarch asks for her decorations to be kept up a month longer too for an emotional reason. The Queen reportedly keeps her tree and tinsel up until February 6 - a full month after Twelfth Night, when decorations typically come down. The date has a special significance: 6th February is the day the Queen's father King George VI passed away at Sandringham House in 1952. Apparently the Queen stays on the estate to “mark the anniversary in private”, before returning to Buckingham Palace. The Queen and her father shared a close bond. In a letter to her secretary in 1952 following his death, the Queen said “It all seems so unbelievable still that my father is no longer here and it is only after some time has passed one begins to realise how much he is missed.”

I did get a few to do items done:
Lindt and Lens Mills
Before heading to Remicade
(Arriving 10 minutes late).

In this day and age,
Do you not think with all the
Technical wizardry available to us,
That Bell, Sirius, the internet and GPS
Could figure out what time it is?????
I walked in from the car saying 11:59 (GPS)
My phone said 12:03 and the wall said 12:10!

Spent the infusion time
Working the grocery ads,
Making a grocery list
And planning my route home.

Was finished the infusion at 2:36
(Or some point in time around there
Depending on what timepiece you
Happened to be looking at)
And had the 10 min wait.

Into my car and straight
Over for junior chicken.
I was starving.

Straight to Giant Tiger
Then back to St Thomas
And Superstore where I grabbed John
The makings of a big seafood supper.

When I got home I crashed.
I was exhausted.
Managed to stay put until 5:45
Then got ready to go
To the cadet quarter auction.

I did not win anything
But had fun... wishing I was asleep!
Hahhahhahah
Actually we had fun at our table
Eating chocolate covered Graham cookies.

I literally walked in
And went to bed.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts