Jan 20 2020

Blue Monday is a name given to a day in January (typically the third Monday of the month) claimed to be the most depressing day of the year. 

The concept was first publicised as part of a 2005 press release from holiday company Sky Travel, which claimed to have calculated the date using an equation. It takes into account weather conditions and this only applies to the Northern Hemisphere. (By coincidence, the date in the United States almost always coincides with the celebration of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a federal holiday, and so the concept of Blue Monday is not widely known there.)

The idea is considered pseudoscience, with its formula derided by scientists as nonsensical.

I had big plans for today
And... I was successful.

I started with finishing
Last week's 5 - 15 minute chores.
Then I posted this week's,
And finished those 5 too!

I managed to do a load of laundry
And straighten up the kitchen,
Before staring down the pile
Of displaced items from the craft room.

I was unsure where to start.
So I decided to divide and conquer.
I piled like with like,
And started with putting 
All the finished layouts in sleeves and away.

I then set my sights on putting away
And organizing the cardstock.
Happy with that success,
I tackled the mound of paper pads
I have accumulated.
Made kits and boxed the stuff
I did not LOVE, labeled the kits
And put them away too!!!

John took the living room tree down
And then it was
Break time and pizza for supper.

I was going to watch tv -
But chose to downsize my specialty paper
And then the Christmas kits and paper
Just in time for John
To load up the downsized items
And deliver them on his way to work.

All my kits were put out away by 10:30.
So I cleaned the back room
Straightened the kitchen
Straightened the living room furniture
And put away the folded laundry.

Then I took time to enjoy
A little Disney+ before bed.

Good night from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts