Jan 30th 2020

1956 - Elvis Presley records his version of Blue Suede Shoes

Holy cow.

When I cannot, I cannot.
But
when I can.... I just keep going.

I was up and out of the house
just after 9am.
Made a quick drop off at a friends
on my way to Valleyview.

I did the coffee and visited with Dad
and together we bought him
an IPad mini to use.

I left and headed to do my banking,
then to Dollar Tree to stock the Valleyview store.

Then I was off to the gas station/car wash
to make my black beauty look better.
It worked so well,
I drove home and did the same thing
with John's grey pig sty.

Then it was off to the liquor store,
the other dollar store (I forgot light bulbs)
and the grocery store.

Home again
and vehicles all unloaded
looking pretty in the driveway
I found out 2 of the 4 car fobs
had dead batteries.

Divide and conquer.
I started with the kitchen fridge. 
It holds easy, lunch items 
and the (very important) cookie dough.
I cleaned it out and reorganized
so I could put away new items.

Next I hit the pop fridge freezer.
It is for bread, treats and ice packs.
I threw a bit of holiday stuff away
and put away some more.

The big job is always the big freezer
but by now John was up
and willing to help.
He made a list of what I found
in the organizers
(there are 14 containers - 1 for each kind of meat)
and I tossed what was old 
and organized as I put away.
I found 6 homemade lasagnas
and 4 stews ready to go.

According to my list,
including what groceries I bought today
we have 50+ meal choices in February
and all I need to buy is fresh items!
This includes big family meals 
and small 2 diner meals
not including leftovers from those meals.

John headed out for cigarettes 
so I enlisted him for a couple chores
I forgot to do!
Like pick up water 
and drop off food for Mom.

He left and I ran out
to pick up batteries for the key fobs
and a pit stop to Bulk Barn
for apple cider, garlic butter
and chocolate covered pretzels.

Home again
I cooked and prepped some items,
Made our Chinese food dinner. Yum.
Time we cleaned the kitchen, 
finished putting away the last bit of groceries,
cleaned the litter boxes
and put the chandelier back together.

Update on the 2 furry beasts.
Otter is still pissed Corky is here,
but we have caught them playing together,
and now Corky is picking up
bad Otter habits like trying to crawl up John's pant leg.

Tomorrow is an off to Valleyview morning
to put away all the store items,
a quick visit with Dad and check on his new toy,
then home for the afternoon
and a painting class tomorrow night
while John goes to pub night at Valleyview.

All in all a successful day.
The cough is controlled now,
but the symptoms of exhaustion
and sore throat continue to plague me.

Bed early tonight
as I am trying to back up my bedtime to 10pm
in the hopes that I will wake up
earlier than 10 or 11am.
No tv past 9:30 either.

Gotta try something.
Good night from John Street







Comments

Popular Posts