Jan 28th 2020

"We Are the World" is a charity single originally recorded by the supergroup USA for Africa in 1985. It was written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie and produced by Quincy Jones and Michael Omartian for the album We Are the World.

I ran away. It did not help,
Because what I was running away from
Was still here when I came home.

The stupid cough came back 
IN THE MIDDLE of the the night.
That made sleeping hard.

But I did enjoy postponing my to do list
With a walk in Port Stanley.

I came home and went right to work
Making a beef stew, some curry chicken,
And Mexican rice for this week's meals.
Washed up all those dishes,
Did some laundry, folded some laundry
And sat down until 5:30
When I went to pick up Mom
For the meeting at Valleyview.

Fixed Dad's chair up
With a new bag and foot warmer
I gave him for christmas
(His were wrecked)
And that made him happy...
Before the meeting started.

Home after driving Mom back to the condo,
And I enjoyed my Mexican supper
Of rice, beans and burritos.

I spent the rest of the night
Finishing a couple series' on Netflix
And now I need some rest.

Maybe if it's nice again
I will go walk at waterworks tomorrow.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts