Aug 7

08-07-2018

Hello 4am!!!
Ugh!
I did manage to go back to sleep
And woke up at 9:30.

I jumped up, got dressed,
And headed out:
Dry cleaner
Return at wall mart
Bank
Gas in car
- cut off by an ass on Talbot -
Timmies
Exchanged my sign
Dollar store.

I came home and sat
For a little bit.

Then I was off to White Oaks Mall.
Shirt for one,
Shoes for another,
Lunch in the food court
And tiaras for all.

Home again,
John and I had bbq foot long hot dogs
And brocoslaw for supper.

He headed to bed for a nap,
So I headed to Superstore
For pet food and litter
So pets had everything
Whilst I am gone.

Then I was off to quilting
And we watched Book Club.
(And munched on coffee cake)

Home (again) hahhahaha,
I measured for the last 11 shelves,
And I will go pick them up
At some point tomorrow.

For now,
I am going to re-read a note
I sent someone today.

Guilt is a cognitive
or an emotional experience
that occurs when a person believes
- accurately or not-
that she has compromised
her own standards
and bears significant responsibility
for the course of events.
Therefore "guilt" is self induced!
We do it to ourselves.
By that standard
we have some control over those
who try to cause us to feel "guilt"
So I now: look at the situation.
Determine if you are doing anything wrong.
Do your best to alleviate why
the other person feels that way.
Go on with your life.
Sometimes giving in to "guilt"
because that is how YOU feel,
is not what the OTHER person intends,
the guilt is what WE associate
With what WE think has been said.

Should we feel guilty that _____ ?
Or that  _____ and doesn't ______ ?
Or that _____ ?

Nope.
We we are doing the best we can
In what is a difficult situation at best.
We are there for them
even when it is hard and uncomfortable.

Perspective.
You can only do the best you can do.
Keep your conscience clear
and do what you would want done
for you if you were in their shoes.

I will now fold up my soap box
And head for bed.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts