Aug 11

08-10-2018

What a day!

Pedicure for the trip
In a lemon lime polish!
I enjoyed an iced coffee
While John went over
And had a password removed
From my phone
And an American plan added.

Next:
I came home
And got John settled for a nap
Then I headed out
To get a laundry list of chores done.

Groceries for the Disney party
And tableware.
American money.
Stopped at Mom's for a pick up
And headed home
To find John ready
To finish the scrap room.

The shelves were finally
All hung!
I sat dumbfounded
By the fact,
That after 13 months of waiting,
My dream room was complete.

A desk decision will come later
And any art hanging
Will be decided later as well.

I refused to just throw everything in,
So, everything not put away...
I had it all put in the OLD scrap area.
I will put it away when I get back,
Slowly and properly.
But,
At least the dining room will
Be back to normal
Before I leave tomorrow.

Supper was pasta and meatballs.
I spent a bit of today creating
Small batch, Disney inspired
Foods for tomorrow's good bye
Party with Dad.

Pineapple ice cream
Cinnamon pretzel
Wings
Strawberry shortcake
Baked beans
Meat skewers
Cinnamon buns
Choc chip cookies and chocolate sauce
Shrimp
Beer
Sausage
Corn
Breaded chicken
Mini bags chips
Mussels
Volcano onion
Princess cake
Russell stover chocolates
Moonshine (jam)
Chicken noodle soup

And by 10pm
Neither of us was awake enough
To keep going.

Now for a good night's sleep.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts