February 1st 2021

Just was not meant to be
My kinda day.

Could not sleep last night,
So was not up early,
And felt "off" .

Got dressed,
Grabbed a cider and my "necessities"
 And headed out the door.

First stop: Food Basics.
John inadvertently used 
The tex Mex cheese I bought
For a recipe.
Grabbed that and some boullion
For mom and got out of there.

Second stop: Wendy's.
I made Caesar salad last night
And overdressed it.
Mom hates lots of dressing,
So I bought her a salad 
For her lunch today as an apology.

Third stop: Mom's.
Dropped off something she forgot
Last night, the boullion
And her salad.
Rang the bell and drove off.

Now I was off to London.

Fourth stop: Let's Mills.
I had a short sewing supply list
For this next 2 weeks of lockdown
So I ran in grabbed the items
And left a little disappointed
As they did not have
The scrapbook I want.

Fifth stop: Fast Eddies.
It is my guilty pleasure 
on Remicade days to treat myself
To a chicken burger combo.
Extra mayo and max fries.
I have to eat before my infusion
As it helps with my
"Feel the need to pass out" issue
When they are putting the IV in.

Sixth stop: clinic.
I sat watching the snowfal eating,
And doing some searching,
For a few items I need to get
To finish some projects.

By the time it was "time"
To head in - my eyes were burning
And I was tired.

Got past security and checked in,
Made myself comfortable,
IV went in, bloodwork taken, IV started.
Naturally today would be a weird reaction day.
The pre-med was running when
I noticed my forearm was very sore!
From my finger tips to my elbow.
Everything looked fine,
It just really really hurt!
We wrapped my arm in a blanket
And i fell asleep while the IV ran.
I woke up exhausted.

I drove home.
Made a quick pick up and parked...
2 weeks at home now.

A quick online chat
With other happiness workers.
I tried to stay awake,
But alas,
I ended up sleeping until 7pm.

John made the stir fry recipe.
Yumm. I had seconds.

Then he laid down as he has to work.
Epic error as he woke up miserable.

The router box appears to have died
In the living room.
He was irritated by everything
And was verbal about it.
I tried to be positive...
But I was positive we would end up
In a huge fight, so I am in bed again.

Probably for the best as I am still
Very tired and need rest anyway
And my arm is still tender.

Some days aren't awful necessarily,
They just aren't the greatest either!

Good night from John Street



Comments

Popular Posts