Feb 12th 2021

An emotionally charged day.

I was so busy
Making sure that Mom was ok
With her first valentines
(In 65? Years)
Without dad...

That I did not see my own 
Memories until after
They had succeeded in kicking
Me in the butt and bringing me down.

Today I did however:

Get mine AND mom's groceries
Flowers for mom
(And delivered)
Beer store
Gas station
Banking
Post office 
and then home
Where I managed to locate
A letter I forgot to mail.

So I went for a fresh air walk.
I dropped the envelope in the mail,
Bought myself a Klondike bar
And walked the long way home
Enjoying the sun and my ice cream.

John has been home late 
Every morning this week,
So he is suffering
From acute i-need-sleep-itis
Which he diagnosed himself with
after trying to get up at 5.

That was the same time,
My oldest nephew sent me a link
For a stuffed chicken recipe
I NEED to try... so much so,
That I drove to the grocery store again
To get everything I needed!

Home again,
My melancholy mood took over
So I decided not to fight it.
Put on some pjs,
Grabbed some cookies
And found a movie!

When John got up at 7
He asks "so what do you want for v day?"
***So romantic my hubby is.
I had nothing to tell him either!!!
So he says "what if I just take you out
For breakfast on Sunday?"
I reply "umm nothing is open and i
Don't think...."
He cuts me off with "oh, I mean just
Through a drive thru or something."
Yup. He's mine.
Nope you can't have him.
He's all mine.

We went in the kitchen
And whipped up a yummy dinner
Of sesame chicken cous cous
And spring rolls!
No leftovers or samples - sorry.

John is off for his last shift 
Of the week,
I have the house straightened,
I JUST finished posting for
Tomorrow's craft event, 
So it's time for some sleep...
So I can play tomorrow!

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts