Feb 17th 2021

Half way through February
Must mean it's ash Wednesday.

I took mom for a  drive
And a quick stop at brickhouse antiques.
We both found a couple
Antique ornaments
And mom located a "lost in the move"
Set of horse bookends.

I got her back home
And headed to my own.

Without church - no ashes.
But,
That doesn't mean i do not have
To give up something for lent.

I am giving up 40 bags of stuff
(One for each day)
And downsizing my "have to keep" 
Items around the house.

Day 1 today
Was my jewelry box.
I have a stand up model with 5 drawers
Plus a deep top hidey hole.

And it was full.

Of what you ask?
Of jewelry and brooches
I did need when I wore suits at work
But do not anymore.
Costume jewelry and earrings I needed
For formal Christmas business dinners
That no longer happen.
Holiday jewelry I "just had to have"
But never wore.
Jewelry I received for my
First communion, confirmation etc.
And a ton of broken gold chains and charms.

All fashion jewelry and necklaces
That were bought for outfits
I no longer even own went first.
The Disney drawer was cleaned up.
My "good" jewelry stored in their velvet boxes.
90% of the brooches went.
Leaving rhinestone and holiday items
Which I downsized by half!!

I had hoped to clear a deep drawer
For my tiara collection
But I did not see a way.
A last minute change up
And it worked!!!!!

Now I am thrilled with the job
And how it got done!
Perfect.

1 bag down, 39 to go.

Supper tonight was
Leftover pasta made into
A cheesy gooey casserole
With ground beef
And fresh bread on the side.

Now bed.
John is off to work
And I need a good night's sleep 
To conquer another "area" tomorrow.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts