Jan 19th 2021

Christmas cookie day.

In December on my
Maternal grandmother's birthday
(Grannie)
We spent the day making 
Specialty Christmas cookies.
Most were conversion cookies,
Which means we turned things like
Mini Kit Kat bars and chocolate pretzels
Into Santa's reindeer,
Or Oreos into pieces or art or
assorted holiday characters.

Today however
Was spritz cookie day.
For 3 years 
Mom and I have "said"
We would make these...
This is the first year we managed.
And on my Aunt Laura's birthday
(Mom's sister).

I sneezed while driving 
And pulled a back muscle!! 
How old am I again????

Mom and I organized our calendars
And decided who was hosting what
This year...
And in some cases
What we were eating!

I left there and headed to the bank,
The dollar store
And then the grocery store.

By the time I got home
I was ready for robaxacet
And after putting everything away
I crashed in the chair.

John cooked burgers for supper
(Yummy)
And even cleaned up!

It is 10 and I am already
Tucked in for the night.
Tomorrow I have to start
Prepping Christmas dinner
For the Sunday feast!

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts