Nov 10th 2020

Tuesday promised to be interesting
And that was at least
What it ended up being.

Mom came to pick me up
And we waited for the other
Mother daughter team to arrive.

We headed out
And checked out canadale's
Christmas stock...
Not as much fun as when
They have reindeer and Santa
But pretty and fun.

Next off to BFM
Where we divided and conquered
Managing to get a lot of great deals
And picked up any items
We had on our list.

A lovely lunch at Wendy's.

Off to Marks to pay for
John's work clothes...
Only to get yet another run around
Trying to use the company
Cards to pay for it.

Home.
I had big plans to accomplish
A few creative chores.
You'd think other than hot glue burns
That would end my day...

The pain just had begun.
I lifted the bag out of the trunk
And was heading inside
When my left ankle just "let go"
And I literally fell on the road
In front of mom screaming.

After the pain settled down
I tried standing.
That ended in me screaming again.
But not that ankle, 
A toe on my right foot...
Broken and facing an awkward way.
My head must have hit something
Because wow did I have
A massive head ache too.

I crawled into a recliner 
and raised my foot
With drinks and the remotes
Before mom would leave me.

My hubby helped get me 
Braced and taped.
He even made supper -
Spaghetti and meat sauce.

That netted me my front tooth
Finally falling out.
2 weeks it took.

So here I am at almost 8pm.
Both ankles in braces.
Right toes braced and taped up.
Walking with a cane
And
Missing my front tooth.

Happy November to me.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts