JULY 20

July 20th 2017

When I woke up I was pleased.
A nice breeze promised a nice day...

LIES! all lies.

Went over to see Dad at Valleyview
armed with some puff pastry
whip cream filled things,
and by the time I left at noon,
I was sweating buckets!

Came home,
threw on shorts and a tank
grabbed a drink and headed out
to the man cabve to see
what John had been doing.

Lots of mini accomplishments!!!
We are 1 week away from the big reveal,
so we are busy loading and decorating
and finishing last bits of projects!

Today,
surfboards were hung,
stainless trim mounted,
big tools were put in their forever homes
and naturally...
more painting was done.

Kind of exciting to see my vision
come to life!

Did a bit of errand work after 5,
because we took a nap this afternoon,
and finished by picking up
3 10' steel trim plates
IN MY SPORTSCAR.
Yup, in through the trunk
and out through the sunroof.
Where there is a will
there is a way.

The evening was less "work like"
as we had supper,
watched fast and furious 3,
and did a few more small chores.

At one point I was relaxing on the sofa,
looked over and John 
who was in the chair,
also had Shooter and Otter join him.
muahahhahahha more room for me.

Now its 10pm.
I have checked my checklist,
made all the calls/emails necessary today,
did the chores and things I planned to,
straightened the kitchen,
did a load of laundry
and now it is time for some R&R
because Mom needs a ride 
early tomorrow morning.

Good night from John Street



Comments

Popular Posts