June 13th 2020

I did not want to get up
At all this morning.
I could have spent the whole day
Laying in bed reading a book.

But I did not. I got up.
I had a headache.

After a bit of fiddling, 
And prepping the roast beef
In the crock pot,
I got down to business
And scrapbooked until 3pm.

John spent a couple hours
Helping mom catch up
On some chores she couldn't 
Do all by herself.

I cleaned my room up
And headed for the kitchen again.

I was ready for a big dinner.
Roast beef in gravy,
Baked potatoes,
Carrots, peas, cream corn
And brocolli\cauliflower.

Mom arrived just as the food
Was almost ready
And we ate outside 
And soon we were delivered 
Some creamscicle cupcakes
From the bak-e-ree.
(Well mom was I just benefited.)

After mom got a bit chilly
She headed for home with some
Yummy leftovers and the rest
Of her yummy cupcakes.

John and I hung out at the bonfire
And eventually he even
Cooked some burgers on it!

Now I am just cold.
I am heading for my bed.

Tomorrow is a work day around here!

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts