April 30th 2020

Another month been and gone.

I did my housework by 11am
And went out to brave
This new world we live in.

I got to TSC seen a line and left.
Shopper, no line 
and I was in and out
With what I needed 
And it was all on sale!
TD drive thru banking 
Had cars everywhere...
But no one was at Dollar Tree!
Stocked up on parchment paper
And Ziploc bags!
No one at TD now
So off to do the banking.
Noticed people lined AROUND walmart
And wondered what the heck
They needed so badly.
Gassed up John's car
And headed for groceries.
I had a very specific list
So I could make our monthly
Menu board here on John Street.
So, I had made my list by section
So I didn't miss anything.
Also got 10 bags of manure 
For John's new gardens.

His car was full
So I headed home for mine!
Back to TSC and no line!
Grabbed the paint John wanted
Seed potatoes and some shop towels.
Beer store - no line!
Grabbed the next 3 weeks beer
And a strawberry lemonade bud light?!?!

My last stop was food basics
Literally for pop.
Stocked up all flavours
And picked up a few odds and ends.

Home
Where John emptied my car
And we proceeded to strip clean
the fridge and freezer
Before putting groceries away.

Pulled out what I thought was chili
But turned out to be a delightful
Sausage and cheddar soup!
I made biscuits and had a yummy supper.

John was off for a nap,
So I headed to the wedding album.
I was determined to figure out
How to layout the one page.
Turned out
I just didn't like THOSE photos
On THAT page!
At 10pm I glued the last photo
Down on the page!
332 photos.

Smiling at this job finally finished,
I am heading to a well deserved rest.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts