June 10th frig!

The test was nothing.
I was not nervous.
It was easy peasy.
The "jiggly liver" test...

the outcome - I have cirrhosis of the liver.

I was mad.
How can this be an even division
Of illnesses? How come always me?
Guilt over my weight was immediate.
I held back the tears
But could not hold back the colour
From draining in my face.
What did this mean? Surgery? Transplant?
Why did I come alone... again?

Then I took a very deep breath.

"It is hot and you are hungry."
So egg muffin to the rescue.

I drove to a curbside pick up
In a bit of a daze
To grab some new books for mom.

Told john and his reaction was:

"Do you hate me? I drink and smoke
And never get this stuff."

 Mom didn't know what to say but asked:

"Do you blame this one on dad? Or me? 
Hahaha"

      In fact I had not thought either.

I drove back to St Thomas.
My head was pounding.
I dropped off the books
And stopped by the car wash
On my way home to lay down
And take some migraine strength Advil.

When I woke up from my nap  
I am now thinking, 
It is just my cross to bear
And I get nothing I cannot handle. 

I am just going to work 
On what I can do to help. 

It cannot be repaired, 
But I can stop it from getting worse 
to some degree. 

The blame does not lie 
Totally in what I had done, 
I am not a drinker

I am on the right track with
All the cooking I do. 
Less takeout, healthier meals. 
As I have maintained the same weight 
for over 10 years, that's not the 
main contributor 
But definitely a thing to watch.

Excercise. This will be hard for me, 
I hate it. It bores me.
But I just mentioned this the other day 
before this all came up, 
So I guess pursuing it is next.

No alcohol. 
Never got a chance to be a big drinker, 
with the limits from the meds, 
so fairly easy. 
I am now a moc-tail kinda girl.

They feel from my checklist  
it is most likely due to the medications.

20 years of steroids
10 years of remicade

Those drugs kept me alive
And that doesn't come free.
Time to pay the piper.

Lol.
He said I was like a new car
that had been in an accident. 
Everything still worked 
And I could drive on the 401 
with no problem. 
But! 
One more incident could cause big problems.

I guess that is better 
Than being a total write off!!!!!

Just absorbing this...
Not a loss...
Reality of what i have to pay
For 9 years of better.

Deb

Comments

Popular Posts